Various Cisco Collaboration apps are now starting to support ESXi 5.5. More info as they get certified on the docwiki. From the product manager:
http://www.cisco.com/go/uc-virtualized has been updated for the first wave of applications that can support this VMware version.
A few caveats:
- We don’t yet have every app supporting 5.5 (or even 5.1). All apps support 5.0. Here are the ones who are supporting 5.5 (for which versions, check their page on http://www.cisco.com/go/uc-virtualized)VMW-VS5-HYP-K9 and R-VMW-UC-FND continue to ship a “5.x license” and 2 media files (5.1 and 5.0). PUT for 5.5 not complete yet (ETA TBD). Plan for 5.5 TBD.
- CUC, MediaSense, UCCX / IP IVR are also expected soon but those teams haven’t checked in yet.
- See app PMs for other updates – several apps are targeting CSR 10.5 timeframe but I haven’t seen committed dates for that.
- BE6000/BE7000 preloads continue to ship “5.x license” with 5.1 media. Plan for 5.5 TBD.
- 5.5 breaks backwards compatibility with older native OS versions relative to 5.1. E.g. 4.0 thru 5.1 can support UCM 8.0.2 thru 10.0, but 5.5 can only support UCM 9.x and 10.0. Don’t assume every version will work with 5.5. I am emphasizing this because for ESXi 4.0 thru 5.1, every release of UCM supported every ESXi release. For first time that isn’t true so watch out.
- 5.5 increases the minimum physical RAM required. 4.0 thru 5.1 only required 2 GB, but 5.5 requires 4 GB. All of our TRC builds should still be ok but if you are doing Specs-based remember this. Sizing Guidelines page and upcoming UC on UCS mini-SRND call this out.
- For UCM 10.0 with ESXi 5.5, read the OVA readme for some migration considerations due to the native OS changes we made in 10.0.